Monday 20 April 2009

Wolf and Pig

I was recently browsing on Motionographer and saw the title 'Wolf and Pig' and thought that could be interesting for my project for the 3 little pigs, anyway after watching it I was amazed at the 'double stopmotion' technique, I think it really works very well. It is made by a japanese student named Dokugyunyu and uses 1300 printed pictures of a guy in a wolf mask chasing a paper mach pig round a park. The pictures are then displayed in stop motion apearing in his flat moving along the walls and through each room, I really like the interaction between photo and surrounding for example where the pig jumps into the swimming pool the surrounding shot is in his kitchen and it creates the illusion he is swimming across the kitchen sink. It is quite a simple technique but is executed perfectly to make a very enjoyable watch.


No comments: