Friday 24 April 2009

AndWhyNot Photography

I discovered this guy when I was working on my competition brief when i was looking into lightwriting. He is a proffessional photographer who makes a living shooting weddings and other special events but his passion lies in shooting night photos, especially using cars and lights. He prides himself on the fact that almost all of his pictures he takes now are straight out of the camera and not messed with in photoshop or iphoto etc. which personally I think is very impressive because it is easy enough to take an ok photo and make it look great by manipulating it but it is a real skill to produce straight from the camera, I know this from trying to attempt the same results as his night photos, myself using torches, led lights, glow sticks etc! I think he has a similar style to Andrew Brookes who I wrote about earlier on in this blog, here are some of his photos, I love the use of light in this first photo as he points a torch at the floor whilst shooting on long exposure, and walked round the car to make the ground glow, this really brings the focus point to the middle of the bonnet, and the cars driving past have added to the composition to keep it balanced. This has really influenced my work as I love taking photos and trying to capture the flourescent colours 'AndWhyNot' seems to manage. Now I like to take photos that look out of the ordinary or have a different point of view.

No comments: