Thursday 23 April 2009

Amazing Paper Creations!


















































A while ago I came across an artist/sculptor called Peter Callesen from Denmark who creates amazing works of art using only pieces of paper, his choice size is mainly A4, which is similar to my work as I always start an idea using A4 paper, he then crafts and cuts the pieces into beautiful works of 3 dimensional art. I love the way all his work is so clean and precise, the attention to detail is what makes these pieces so pleasing in my opinion. His work ranges in difficulty also, but always has a suitable title that brings the work to life and gives it a meaning, for example "Big wave moving towards a small castle made of sand"(2005) which is fairly simple but very effective, whereas "Fall" (2008) is alot more complex and has a double meaning, playing on the word for autumn and a man fallen.
He has also done lots of installation work, stuff outdoors, on water and even in ice! I think his work has influenced me to take more attention to detail in the pieces I create,

3 comments:

Adam Greenwood said...

Check out the animations on this website http://www.checklandkindleysides.com/
same sort of idea with a bit of animation applied.

Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack said...

Hello there Dave, nice post! You may be interested to read my post also on Paper based design, from the artist Yulia Brodskaya. And you even get a mention.

http://jackwoodcockmmd.blogspot.com/2009/04/paper-made-typography-yulia-brodskaya.html

Enjoy