Monday 6 April 2009

Contact Report - Nexus E-mails

After finding out that we were to be in London for a few days going round studios, I decided to contact a few companies that were based there to try and get a visit organised for myself, after sending a few e-mails this company replied called Nexus Productions (see my earlier post on how the meeting went)

E-mail messages:

On 23 Feb 2009, at 11:16, david croucher wrote:
Hello,
I'm very interested in your company and really like some of the work you produce, especially the 'Mr Long Legs' ad, 'Dept of Transport' ad and the work from Johnny Kelly.
I am a third year multimedia design student on the BA hons degree at LJMU/Stockport College, and before this I came from a national diploma in graphic design.
I am currently working on my final major project and intend to produce a series of adverts for a leading high street bank, to restore the publics confidence using 2d animation and mixed media.
As part of my course I am taking a trip to London on 4th,5th,6th March and am required to try and get some industry feedback from my portfolio and so I was wondering if you would be interested in seeing some of my work, It would only have to be say ten minutes or so just so I could show you a few pieces Ive done and get a few comments on what you like, dislike could improve on etc!

Thanks very much and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

David Croucher
Multimedia design (BA hons)
LJMU/Stockport College

Monday, 23 February, 2009 12:37 PM:


David,

I'd be very happy to meet you and review your portfolio/show you the studio. Shall we say Thursday 5th at 12:30?
We are located in Shoreditch and the nearest tubes are Old Street or Liverpool Steet stations.
Let me know if this would suit you.

Nathalie Le Berre


On 23 Feb 2009, at 13:01, david croucher wrote:

> Hi Nathalie, wow thanks for the swift reply and offer! I think that should be fine but my tutor is taking us to Studio AKA and I'm not sure when exactly that is going to be! would it be possible for me to get back to you tommorow as then I will know for sure!
> Thank you very much again,
> David


Monday, 23 February, 2009 1:05 PM
From:
To:
davecroucher4@yahoo.co.uk
David,

That's fine, I'd be available Wednesday or Thursday but I'm not in the office on Friday.
Thanks

Nathalie


On 24 Feb 2009, at 12:57, david croucher wrote:

> Hi Nathalie, I have confirmed with my tutors and I think Thursday 5th at 12.30 will be fine, would I need to bring a laptop or would a portable drive be ok to show my work? also do you have a number I could ring if there was any problems with the time, finding you etc
> Thanks again
> David

Tuesday, 24 February, 2009 12:59 PM
From:
To:
davecroucher4@yahoo.co.uk
Dave,

So 12:30 and call our switchboard on 020 7749 7500 if you have any problems.
]See you on Thursday.

Nathalie

Thursday, 26 February, 2009 12:53 PM
From:
To:
davecroucher4@yahoo.co.uk
David,

I've just realised that I've double booked myself on the 5th. I'm actually going to the NFTS short film screening all day.
Sorry about that, it had skipped my mind. Could we meet on the Wednesday 4th instead at 12 or 12:30?
Let me know if that would be convenient for you.

Nathalie

Thursday, 26 February, 2009 1:53 PM
From:
To:
"Nathalie Le Berre"
Hi Nathalie,

Yea ok wednesday will be fine, I will try to get there for 12.30 then, I have a visit in the morning but if I have any problems I will ring you before hand.
Should I bring a laptop or would a portable hard drive be ok?
Look forward to meeting you,

David

Monday, 9 March, 2009 2:43 PM
From:
To:
"Nathalie Le Berre"
Hi Nathalie,
I'm back in Manchester now after a very successful week in London, and would just like to say thanks again for letting me visit. I also have a question that I forgot to ask when I was there, and that is; How was the Ambi Pur advert on your site made? was it done in after effects or does it have 3d elements to it? because i am thinking of using that sort of style and setting but in a hand drawn style with a fairy tale theme.
Any help would be great, thanks,

David

Wednesday, 11 March, 2009 11:11 AM
From:
To:
"david croucher"
David,

It was really nice meeting you. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to London, and the other animation and post houses visits.
I wasnt here when Nexus did the Ambi Pur ads but I'll find out from the director when he's back in. I'll let you know.
Hope will get to see your graduation film when finished.

Nathalie

No comments: