Monday 20 April 2009

Magical Trevor vs 118 247 Yell.com

Recently I was watching tv and I came across an advert for Yell.com and it instantly reminded me of a bizarre old flash cartoon I saw a few years ago called Magical Trevor!, I searched for the videos on youtube and watched them both and they are almost exactly the same! at first I thought the Yell.com ad was a blatant rip-off of Trev but after researching on the net it turns out they were done by the same guy and even features trev in the advert. Apparently after the marketing guys at Yellow pages saw the Magical Trevor advert they signed up Jonti Pickering the animator of the cartoon and commisioned him to rework it to their 'Directory Heaven' campaign. I think this advert is irritatingly catchy, especially the song, I am not really a fan of the look of it, I think it is too bold and plasticky(?) but I think it works well for the target audience, and it has obiously been a success because the 118 247 business directory enquiries service is up an unprecedented 70 per cent!!!


No comments: