Friday 10 April 2009

Gustaf Holmsten











I came across this guys website a few days ago and really like his work, he has very stylistic illustrations and lots of motion graphics work mainly done in 3d and after effects it seems, which as I am using After effects to animate my FMP his work really interests me. His website is plain and simple and easy to navigate which I think is very important, and he has added a personal project called Cloudmachine that is primarily aimed to promote his skills to the world instead of a showreel. The piece is very strange and abstract with things like a duck that makes clouds and televisions with pelican wings flying around etc and it simply ends with the back of his business card with his details on it. This is a new idea that I have not seen before and I think it works well but I think a reel would be better just because you can show a number of different pieces that have completely different looks and medias eg. 2d, 3d, stop motion, interactive etc.

No comments: