Tuesday 5 May 2009

Voiceovers ltd


As I was getting near the final stages of producing my adverts, I realised that I needed to get the voiceover done to accompany the sound, I already knew what my script would be as my whole idea has formed from my strapline "Get protected from the unexpected" I attempted to record it myself but was not impressed with the sound quality of my equipment and most of all not impressed with my voice on tape! so I decided that I was going to need to bring in a professional voiceover artist to perform it. I searched the net for agencies and listened to the samples they had to offer. I found one company that was based in the UK (Plymouth to be precise) called Voiceovers ltd. Hoping that it would 'do what it says on the can', I rang them up and spoke to one of their staff called Paul, I explained my project and that I was looking for a female, english, 20-40's, no strong accent, voiceover artist to perform my script and suggested a few names that I liked from the samples on their site. He said he would find out who was available straight away and that all I needed to do was send over an email of my script/needs to them.
About an hour later I was emailed back by Paul who said there was a woman available that afternoon, who had alot of experience and sent attached a sample. It was just what I was looking for so we agreed the fees and gave them the go ahead, later that day I received an email with the finished product attached in mp3 format (which I had asked for)
As I listened to it I found she had repeated it 3 or 4 times in slightly different accents/emphasise, although the first one she did I thought was the best. I have now added the voiceover to my adverts and it really does bring them to life, and makes them feel an awful lot more professional than if I recorded them myself, this has also taught me that subcontracting parts of your project out can be very beneficial, not only in proffesionalism as that would be how you would do it in a real brief, but in timescale too. Overall I found the service from Voiceovers ltd fantastic, very quick, helpful and professional and I would definately recommend anyone else to use them and would probably use them myself again too.
www.voiceovers.co.uk

No comments: