Friday 1 May 2009

Midea Effects

Came across this company on vimeo, from Brazil they have a great selection of work, and there information on the profile says (Translated from portuguese!):
"The MidiaEffects is a studio of digital convergence that initiated its activities in year 2000. We are specialized in Web, Video, Finishing, New Medias, In - He measured and what plus you he can imagine. By the way imagination is what better it defines the MidiaEffects."

Continuidade (Continuity) from midia effects on Vimeo.



This is one piece they have produced called Continuity, from what i gather it is a promotional piece, I really like the pace and flow of the animation and really matches well with the music.

Lar Emanuel Carreteiro Beneficente from midia effects on Vimeo.



Here is another piece they have done that strangely I dont think works that well! I am not sure what it is advertising because its in portuguese but I believe that just from the visuals and sound effects of an advert you should be able to get an idea of what it is advertising, with this I have no idea! also I dont think that the mixture of styles works either, the 3d sections work well but then suddenly they have decided to use a 2d crayon drawn style sky that I think looks really out of place. I think this is somehing to watch out for in my own work because I always like to see if there are ways of using multiple media methods in one piece but after seeing this I will definately try and be more aware of what works and what doesnt.

No comments: