Friday 20 February 2009

Guilherme Marcondes - British Gas Advert

















This is the new british gas commercial from acclaimed director Guilherme Marcondes from the agency Hornet. It is trying to promote the fact that they have invested into renewable energy sources and in particular the worlds largest off shore wind farm. When I first watched this I thought that it was brilliant and that it must have been produced in 3d, but after watching and reading the making of articles on Marcondes' page I found that the planets were actually hand crafted models shot on a green screen, then composited the animation over the top. I really like the way this has been produced and I think the little universe that they have created looks great, I especially like the fact that you can see they have used photos for the character faces and manipulated into a charicature style. The concept of youre home is your world really works well for the subject matter of the advert and also the 'windfarm planet' was created frame by frame in stop motion to produce the waves. Overall a lovely advert and I think this may influence the techniques i use for my FMP.
Watch The Video Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it looks nice..but it's all wrong! The electricity from the wind farm should lead to a socket, not a plug. As it is, the three pronged plug that is used to plug the wind parm into the house planet would kill you if you touched it. Apart from that, yes I agree, it is a lovely advert :)